Sunday, April 21, 2013

LA Book Fair~

Bright and early Saturday morning, my friends and I took the short 25 minute drive to the USC campus for the LA book fair~
Full of books, booths, advertisements, mascots, music, food and book signings it's a great way to spend a summer like day<3
The campus was brimming with people and booths everywhere.
Every corner on the map had it's own unique stage that had live music playing!


On the far end, after an hour of perusing booths, we found Food Truck heaven!

My friends and I were drawn to the amazing smell of India Jones
Butter Chicken curry, reduced rice serving, naan bread and young coconut~ such a yummy lunch!

My friend got us tickets to a panel for this book about vampires and werewolves that's becoming a movie, it was really interesting! [I can't for the life of me remember the book name... Like Bones in the City?]
They were revving the engine of the bat mobile and it was TERRIFYING! It was like the sound of the end of the world! So loud and scary!
We also stumbled upon a huuge crowd and later we found out they were watching Lemony Snickett*sp who is a big author~

After a long day wandering the campus and just having a good relaxing time we wandered over to the Mystery Machine so I could snap a few pictures!

Hehehe~ I was a happy camper!

Such a long but satisfying day!

<3CarisseIris

10 comments:

  1. Definitely looked lively :3
    And you look so taaaaaall next to the van!
    I know it's the shoes but it's so believable xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAH! <3<3<3
      That platform heel life<3
      ;3

      Delete
    2. ;)Giveaway is opened on my blog!!!! Enter & Good Luck!!!

      Check out my blog♥
      Xoxo
      Angel

      Delete
  2. I wasn't aware that there was a book fair going on at the USC campus! ): I would've loved to have gone... I only live an hour or so away ahaha. It looks like it was a lot of fun though, and your outfit was so cuute!
    And I think the book you were talking about that's becoming a movie is called City of Bones! Its by Cassandra Clare (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nooooesss! Keep an eye out for it next year!
      I love going to the book fair!
      Thank you so much, and YES That's the correct name!
      Hahahha~ I wanted to tell my friend about it cause it seems like her kind of movie;;;

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfit was really cute ♥ Anyway the food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe~ Thank you so much, I toughed the warm weather with a jacket, darn warm weather... ;;
      But it really was!

      Delete