Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Vassen Rainbow Eyes Purplish Red~ Review

So, I ordered a bunch of lenses from Pinkyparadise to experiment with and play with different designs..
 I'll be slowly but surely reviewing all of them!
 This time I will be reviewing Vassen Rainbow Eyes, Purplish Red lenses... [available here]


Here's the stats~
Diameter: 14.5mm
Water Content: 42%
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Type: 1 Year Disposal
What inside: One pair of lenses and one cutie animal lens case

So, I think these lenses are okay... It's not like their uncomfortable, they're actually very comfy and I can't feel them once their on and I can wear them for a long time without dryness.
But the look of them just isn't my style. They look almost reptilian in person and since they have barely any limbal ring the lenses look kind of unfinished to me.
Also, I thought they'd blend more into my natural eye but they don't so that was also a bit disappointing. But I think that I just need to get more used to them? Hopefully??
But I will wear them because they're comfortable maybe around the house or when I do late nights with the girls..
As for enlarging, they're decent. But I think because of the colour/design they don't feel that enlarging to me even though they're 14.5.
Will I buy this design again? Probably not. 
I feel like they would look better on a person with green eyes that want to go to brown because the red would cancel out the green tones.. Yeah.

For comfort, I'd give these lenses a 5/5 but look wise  [personally] I'd give them a 3/5.

What do you think? Am I crazy for not liking how they look?

<3CarisseIris

8 comments:

  1. They have a 'fairy' look to them, haha. They still look nice on you though. The brown in them makes them more natural. I think the grey and green design would look better though..It's just my opinion. Nonetheless you make them look good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I ordered the grey green ones but they were out of stock in my prescription! So I picked these ones when they emailed me to pick another pair....
      Okay, I may re-order those ones in the future..
      But I'l try think of them in terms of 'fairy' rather than reptile...

      <3<3<3

      Delete
  2. I think the look pretty on you!I actually have the grey lenses from this series and I'm not too crazy about them either. For one thing when I ordered them from PinkyParadise they had a totally different display picture than the one you're showing and when they came I was like wtf are these? The grey lenses make my eyes look more green than grey which I don't really like. I sort of like this color more than the grey color I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm hmm.... That's disappointing..

      but, OH MY GOSH! Serious though, the pictures on their site look NOTHING like the actual lens.. I am so touching down on that on a blue pair I purchased! They're like neon worn but the models looks so natural and muted! I was like, kind of upset...

      Delete
  3. I love you're reviews, I feel like we have similar tastes. I'm really curious to see which lenses you didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the blue lenses I got... Hands down..
      > m >;;

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's one sick combo right thurrr purple and pink! I haven't seen these yet, I'll check out their other colors too ^^ Thanks for reviewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were pretty unique too~
      It's a joy to review them <3<3

      Delete