Halloween may be over but demon horns are never out of season~ ho ho ho!
Due to popular demand, a tutorial on my quick/easy Succubus horns is here, just in time for Christmas.
Items I used:Headband
Paper mache, (I had a tub of paper mache powder from a few years ago on hand.)
Hot glue gun
Hair Dryer (to speed the process up)
Step one~ Probably the most time consuming step in the process, is to make the base shape of the horns. I may have kindly taken my horn design from a mobile game that I play [Lineplay] Make sure you pay attention to the fine details on this step, since it will be your foundation, like; making sure they look even, and that they are angled to sit on your head in the way you prefer.
Second step is to cover your horns in masking tape, I like to rip them into smaller pieces so its easier to cover the contours of the horns and that they lay flat. It will also lessen the work to do in the next step~ If one's on a time crunch and doesn't mind the texture, the horns could be painted at this step and be good to go!
Third step is to cover the horns in an extremely thin layer of paper mache, which will cover up any extra texture and also give a but more support to strengthen the horns. To speed up the drying process I blasted it with my hair dryer and I easily had the both horns dry in my hands in under 15 minutes.
Then, when dry, paint the horns~ The paint could also be sealed after to make the horns more durable, but it is just a personal preference.
Optional: I took the trim off Christmas decor and hot glued it to the bottom of my horns to make them cute and fluffy.
The last step is to use a hot glue gun and glue the horns onto a headband (I couldn't find a plain headband so I took apart some reindeer antlers for this project.). It really don't need to be neat, just as long as it's secure.
Mine definitely was a mess inside but it works just as well~
Then when it's all done you can do any finalizing touches if need be. For me, that was adding some ribbon!
My finished horns are a success, and look super cute. My first initial pair only took me 3 hours on Halloween day. This pair probably took me 5 hours since I wanted them to look super clean on camera.
The horn construction is pretty cheap, quite sturdy and most items could be found at home or acquired in a pinch.
I seriously love this look and how the horns looks while worn, and I definitely got many compliments when I wore them on Halloween. In all honesty, given the items used for construction, I could also use them for a holiday look without a huge stretch in reasoning!
I hope this tutorial was helpful and, as a fellow procrastinator, that it might help those in need of a last minute costume!