Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hi new me..


I wanted to make a entry about weight loss and my journey...
I wish I had better pictures to share of me before, but I deleted them because I was so ashamed of myself but I was able to get into my old photobucket account and found a few pictures.

Now, if I've been trying to remember when my weight journey started...

Well, I was always over weight even as a child. It doesn't help that I have bad genetics either, as my dad was morbidly obese and died of a heart attack when I was 4 and my mom is currently obese and is borderline diabetic.

In high school my weight fluctuated from 180-198 but after my graduation when I was 18, I finally reached 200 lbs and a size 16, maybe even more than that because I rigged my scale to tell me lbs lighter...
After that I was desperate to lose weight. I tried diet pills, but I was so desperate I over dosed and was rushed to the emergency room and had my stomach pumped. In the pills I took, they were filled with caffeine and my heart wasn't taking it well. Long story short, it was pretty bad. When I was released, I begged my mum to get me liposuction. Which my mum let me get because she too was worried for my health and wanted me to get my weight under control.
So, I ended up getting lipo on my legs and thighs, where most of my fat was accumulated. The thing is, lipo 'shapes' you're body and doesn't really mean weight loss, which I learned the hard way... After the surgery I only lost 5 lbs and didn't see any difference except I was in pain and had scarring..

When I noticed my 200 creeping back on me, I was so disappointed because my 'quick fix' plans all failed.

By the end of summer, I was finally in the right mind set to lose weight the healthy way. I exercised once or twice a week and ate healthily...

September of '08 crept by and I remember hitting my first goal, to fit back into my size 12 pants. When that happened, I knew that I could finally accomplish my goals and it was all within reach.
But, I reached my first plateau. What I learned was it's easier to get rid of excess weight when you're heavier because any little change will melt pounds right off.

So, for my 20th birthday, I started Weight Watchers. On weight watchers I would bike to the location I got my food from, which is 1 mile from my house and hit the gym once that week. On weight watchers I got down to a size 10, another goal reached. I haven't been a size 10 since 6th grade and it was amazing.

Again, I hit another plateau and I started getting frustrated. I tried Lindora with no luck and stayed a size ten until I went on Nutrisystem and lost 5 lbs but that was it...

Then, summer came and I got my heart broken. That became my new push to keep going. This time I started counting calories, 1500 calorie intake and hitting the gym 3 times a week. By the time my 21st birthday came I was a size 8 at 160 on the scale, 40lbs lost.

It was exhilarating! I reached my ultimate goal at the time. Now that I saw how my face was getting more defined, I could see definition in my arms and I had a body shape, I decided to set a new goal. 'Reach average for my B.M.I', which would put me at 120 lbs [my current goal].

Over this past summer, I went down another 20 lbs to 139 lbs and a size 5, all through calorie counting and exercise.
But, I reached another plateau brought on by depression. I gained 10 lbs since my 22nd birthday.

Today, I am 149 lbs and a size 6. I'm still working towards my goal and I will reach it.
I count my calories, drink a lot of water, eat healthily and hit the gym 5-6 days a week.

Weight loss isn't easy and it's a never ending battle. I know that I can never stop counting my calorie intake or stop exercising or else there's a possibility of me gaining it all back.
It's a lifestyle change.

For the past year, I've been using myfitnesspal and it's been really helpful. I'm also being helped by a personal trainer since my 10 lbs weight gain this fall.

I think health is a great thing to have, I'm so proud of myself and the things I can do. It makes me feel like anything is possible!


^^^
before and afters..

I hope that my story may inspire someone...
I've learned that all you need is patience and perseverance and you can accomplish anything.

<3CarisseIris

17 comments:

  1. inspired to be a size -1 now... yay
    GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I can't tell you how much you inspire me. I'm pretty unhealthy and getting a little too overweight. I really need to start changing my lifestyle and get in shape but it's always so difficult to stick to things. I'm really going to try and stick with it this time. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ; 3 ;
      Health is wealth even if it's in small steps, I already look up to you as it is and honestly, I feel like you can do anything because you have such a passionate nature [collecting, sticking to games and playing it through, refining you're art skills, making everything around you perfect! It's super hard for me to any of that].
      I believe in you Nana!
      <3<3

      Delete
  3. Gosh, I follow you on Tumblr and didn't realise you were going through this. You really are an inspiration to get healthy and fit - I've been dwelling on that idea for some time now, and even went to a club called "Slimming World" in which I lost 8lbs. However, I became unhappy and had to stop. There's a gym just 1 mile from my house and I could easily eat healthily if I chose to, but it's the commitment and the fact it would drastically change my life that scares me. I know I'm overweight and I'm constantly picking out my flaws and rarely look in mirrors - I even avoid trying on clothes because I hate it so much.
    I think after reading your journey, it really has inspired me to get fit and healthy - I aspire to be as strong-willed and great like you. Thank you for sharing this with us! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my hero! Many people I have seen try to just do it the quick way and hurt themselves, but you are doing very well. I also wanted to lose weight. Just a little though, since I am somewhat normal weight (I am normal weight, but I am gaining weight faster than I should, the doctor said at my yearly checkup). I am 136, but I want to be a 110, and I am still thinking about losing weight though, because I am young, and I don't want to hurt myself. I'm done growing though, so it's not one of those 'you'll thin out soon' things.

    But enough about me! CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE MY ABSOLUTE INSPIRATION! BTW am going to follow you on tumblr! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found my inspiration!!! I've been going on a yo-yo diet since I was 15 and the results of that today is pretty horrendous. My doctor told me just recently that I'm borderline diabetic so I really need to cut the bad lifestyle ASAP. The only problem is, I have no idea how or where to start. This is hoping I can follow your good example soon. Thanks for posting this!!!

    Also making visits to this blog a daily habit just to remind myself of what I'd be missing out on if I don't do something about my weight soon. Sexy Carisse is sexy!!! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I know you can do it! I believe in you<3<3<3<3
      Thank you so much for the lovely and sexy ;3 words~

      Delete
  6. i found your blog while searching for getting a v-line , i was like woow she is SO pretty i wish i was like her , here is the thing im chubby (that´s what i think) i´ve been losing weigth by just walking and i keep seeing your blog entrys and i was like cute outfits i want to use that kind of clothes ( MY size is not in this clothes ): ... ) then i saw a your youtube channel and i was like WHO IS THAT GIRL oh is her and then i saw this entry , THANKS for your effort I´LL try my best because of YOU :) FROM MEXICO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in you and you can do it!
      Just do your best and persevere!
      <3<3<3<3<3<3

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW.. Amazing you are now just in the right size :) You inspire me to be slim haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh that's amazing and inspiring! You look so great. I also have been on a weight loss journey since the end of 10th grade where I looked in the mirror and saw how much my stomach bulged out. But it got bad in 2011 when I wasn't eating as much as I should have, and got severe pain in my stomach. I was at my lightest weight then (Lost 16 pounds). Turns out it was extreme constipation, not the funny kind; the food hadn't even digested. So here I am again trying to get back to that weight because I gained it all back. I still maintain my muscles but I'll work hard to burn that fat!! :)

    http://mitsukislife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your journey! Just looking at the pictures is already inspiring, but reading your post made me admire you even more. I know some people who find it easy to give up after going through several setbacks, but you just kept on searching for what works best for you. I think it's great that you mentioned how liposuction is only meant for contouring and I hope more people realize that it's not a quick fix for weight loss. I hope a lot of people learn from your experiences.

    -Shavonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've looked at your photos before and just been like, "Wow, I wish I could be like her. I'm so fat!" I had no idea you struggled with your weight. This is really inspiring. I've struggled with my weight since I was really young and it tends to keep going up and down. I've been trying to lose weight and had started to give up, but I just came upon this and, wow! You're an inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the same age as you and I've always struggled with my weight. I'm on the taller side for girls (5'7) so it wasn't that bad until I started retaining all my weight in my stomach. I've been everywhere from 135 lbs at my lightest to over 200 lbs at my current heaviest (and that was just in a span of 4 years). People don't believe me when I tell them I used to be almost 70 lbs lighter just a few years ago. Depression is awful enough on its own, but then when you finally find a medicine that's supposed to help you it just makes you gain weight and feel even worse!

    You've definitely inspired me to start working out/eating healthier in this coming year. The only thing that helps me to lose weight is calorie counting, as much of a pain as it can be. Myfitnesspal definitely helps out though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was inspiring! I'm motivated to re-start my healthy habits. Good job on your health!

    ReplyDelete