Monday, March 18, 2013

1920's Birthday Shindig~

My friend recently turned 23 and decided to throw a 1920's themed bash which was wildly magical, like transporting back in time~

To prep for the dinner I did my best to be as authentic as possible on my terms~
I have to say, I'm super proud of my makeup~  Though it's different from my usual look, I tried to keep it as realistically 1920's as I dared to with the dark rounded eyes, elongated eyebrows, pouted lip and blush focused on the apples of the cheek~
Hehe;; Though I couldn't resist adding on my false lashes!
My dress I purchased for the dinner is a tea dress from 1923 which I added a blue sash to dress it down and broach to modernize it a smidge~

 I also customized pearl necklace from Forever21 with a eyeball broach that looked wonderfully vintage and a tad different to match my personal style.
Detail of the pretty lace on the dress^^
Thought I didn't take a picture, I finger waved my hair and put my hair in a pretty twist that seemed to fit the era.
 The venue for the dinner was at my friend's grandparent's house which is a beautiful mansion that overlooks Corona.

As you can see, the view is breathtaking!



 Sitting on the patio having sweet tea and snacking on pralines while rocking on the chair overlooking the view and listening to the wafting jazz music coming from inside really had me feeling like I went back in time or something, it was wonderful!
As the sun slowly set over the looming hills, my friend's father came out and played banjo while the guests started to drive down the driveway and trickle in and we were introducing ourselves.
The mixture of the solo banjo playing over the soft tunes coming from within and the warmth of cooking food radiating from inside and the cooling tiles where we mingled was a surprisingly comfortable mix.
 Just overlooking the shadow spreading over the valley below was a serene accompaniment to the moment settling upon us and also signaled us to move inside to the splendorous and spacious house.
The table was artfully arranged with name plates and alcohol tickets for us to use at the bar they have in the basement.
As we chatted as friends do, we dined on different Louisiana styled plates and finished up with cake and  freshly powdered beignets.

Our alcohol menu we could prick our poison from~ assured they were all drinks that were historically accurate.

Besides the bar in the lower rooms there was a billiards room that was open for use and a space designated for craps and roulette that we were invited to take part in.
 
A group picture~


I had a swinging good time meeting old friends and making new acquaintances, it was a lovely party full of class and fun!
Happy Birthday my dear Meggy!
Also, thank you for inviting me and for your family's generosity and letting us into their house and the amazing time!
[I end this with a candid from the sitting room]

<3CarisseIris

[[Aaaand, happy news, I am getting a new DSLR with HD filming, so I will make my first video when it comes in on my 1920's makeup I wore for the party thought I would let you know a bit before hand but I'm really excited!]

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful party! I adore your dress, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahh, it looks awesomely fun - and that house and view! @__@
    You look amazing!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was~ Hehehe<3<3<3
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. This kind of makeup looks great on you!
    The outfit is wonderful too.
    Is it a crochet dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The makeup look for that era was really intimidating to me tbh, but I ended up liking it too<3
      I'm glad I could pull it off;;
      Thank you!
      It's full lace I think but really large lace pieces mmhm mmhm~

      Delete
  4. It all looks so Gatsby!
    Your makeup and outfit were awesome.
    Looks so authentic!
    And that last picture could have been something from the era!

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee~ I think so too<<33
      Thank you so much, I'm happy to hear that it works!
      :3

      Delete
  5. WOW! Your friends grandparents house is really amazing! And your costume is lovely, especially your make up! Looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmhm, the house is so picturesque!
      Thank you so so much!
      <3<3<3

      Delete