Monday, August 12, 2013

Mermaid Hair

 I finally have my dirty pink mermaid hair! Basically, crazy 28"/30" extensions which I purchased from Dirty Looks. [a bit on the pricier end and found online] dirtylooks.com
 I love the packaging because it's pastel and so cutely put together, everything's organised, labeled and ready to wear. I got mine in California Highlights.
 Full collection on the left, example for comparing to your real hair on the right. Separated for convenience and so if it doesn't match you can return or exchange them with no issues.
 So, what do I do to upkeep/transform my extensions and my hair to my dirty baby pink?
I've been using Ion hair dye in Rose [on my real hair I add a touch of lavender from the same brand] and mix is with any conditioner... Today since I was doing a lot of hair I used cheap conditioner from Costco...
 I mix the dye and conditioner in a bowl I can toss out... Roughly the ratio of dye to conditioner is 1:3.
For the extensions I coated them quite thickly in the mixture and let them sit for 2-3 minutes [not that long because I just want it to be just a touch of pink], on my actual hair I let it sit for 5-10 minutes...

Then I just rinse it out in cold water and let it air dry, same for my real hair...

[I'm taking all my pictures at night, so the colour is slightly off but I tried to edit the colour to be as close to the actual colour in daylight...]
My hair is multi tonal and has so many shades of dirty baby pink!

^^the closest I could get my picture to the colour in person~
 Super duper long mermaid hair... My hair touches the top of my butt, it's so lovely!

<3CarisseIris

14 comments:

  1. Your hair is such a cute shade of pink. I super love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shade of pink. It matches well with your hair color!

    <3 Sachiko
    http://taskin-illusion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so nice, and it matches really well to your hair<3

    Cute to the Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so beautiful;u;♥ love it love it♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty colour! It suits you very well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad~ I want to keep this colour forever~~

      Delete
  6. Ahhhhh I love it @~@ The hair and the color... everything suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say enough how in love I am with your mermaid hair. And 28/30 inch extensions are normally quite pricey. But you wanna make sure you get a good set, you know? Not one with thin ends.

    ~Meggo
    http://thesedriftingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Exactly... I had some before and they weren't worth the investment so I was kind of scared but as of now, this time seems like this set was well worth it<3

      Delete
  8. What really makes your hair colour stand out from similar products on the market? Is it the price? Maybe it is where you are located? Perhaps it's something to do with how you package it? A great way to make yourself stand out is by focusing on one or two aspects of your product and making them pop. If you focus on creating an interesting design for your Hair Color Boxes melbourne - which can include colours but also be different shapes - this will really catch people's attention. Maybe you can also work with a celebrity to be the face of your product, which will definitely make it stand out!

    ReplyDelete